Here is a completed scoresheet from a pool of 5. The highlights show how some of Troi’s results are calculated.
The lower half of the scoresheet shows the results of the bouts in the order they were fenced. The upper half of the scoresheet includes a grid that shows the number of touches scored by each fencer against each other fencer. These are the numbers that will be entered in the computer to calculate the pool results.
The grid has a row for each fencer that starts with the fencer’s name, school and number within the pool (for Troi, these are “Troi”, “BET” and “3” respectively).
In the middle are the number of touches scored by the fencer against the other fencers in the pool. The number of touches is preceded by a “V” (victory) or “D” (defeat). In the column headed “1” is this fencer’s score against fencer #1, in the column headed “2” is this fencer’s score against fencer #2, and so on. The scores do not appear in the order that the bouts were fenced. For example, Troi’s first bout was against fencer #4 (Data) which she won V5-D3; her V5 is recorded in the column headed “4” (because it was scored against fencer #4) and Data’s D3 is listed in his row in the column headed “3” (because it was scored against fencer #3).
The scorekeeper should enter each fencer’s totals in the columns on the right.
- “V” is the number of victories.
- “TS” is touches scored.
- “TR” is touches received.
- “Ind” (indicator) is touches scored minus touches received.
- “Pl” (place) is not used in our league.
In Troi’s case the numbers are:
- 4 victories – add the number of Vs in Troi’s row (row 3).
- 20 touches scored – add the numbers in Troi’s row (row 3): 5+5+5+5=20.
- 11 touches received – add the numbers in the vertical column with Troi’s number (#3): 3+4+3+1=11.
- +9 is the indicator – subtract Troi’s touches received from touches scored: 20 – 11 = 9.
Continue to Pool Results