Practice for the 2017-17 season is on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30 to 6:00 in the Pope cafeteria from the first week of school though the February break. Pope finishes early (2:10) on Wednesdays, but the buses do not run until the regular time. The cafeteria will be in use until students board the buses, so practice can’t start until the cafeteria is cleared.
With the reorganisation of the school, we have lost our storage area. The administration suggests that fencers who bring their fencing bags to school on Wednesday morning should ask a friendly teacher to allow them to store the bag in the back of a classroom until the end of the day.
Fencers should be dressed and in the Cafeteria at 3:30 ready to move the tables out of the way as soon as students leave to go to the buses. Practice ends at 6:00 and fencers should be picked up by 6:10.
There will be a sign-in sheet at each practice. Fencers must sign in when they arrive.
Practice Calendar for 2017-18
Practice is every Wednesday when school is in session until the February break. The only exceptions are noted below.
- August 2, 9, 16, 23. No practice on the 30th due to half day..
- September 6, 13, 20. No practice on the 27th due to school break.
- October 4, 11, 18, 25.
- November 1, 8, 15, 29. No practice on the 22nd due to Thanksgiving.
- December 6, 13. No practice on the 20th and 27th due to Winter break.
- January 10, 17, 24, 31. No practice on the 3rd due to Winter break.
- February 7, 14. Practice ends at 5:30 on the 7th.