Membership is open to any Pope High School student. This is what you need to do to join.
- Bring a completed and signed League Waiver and Medical Information form to the first practice you attend.
- Download the League Waiver and Medical Info form from this website.
- Open the downloaded file and type in the requested information on pages 2 and 3, then print the file. Please be sure to type the information (except the signatures) into the form while it is open, and then print it and sign it. This helps to avoid us misreading the form.
- The fencer and both parents/guardians must sign the form on page 2. The league is very strict about this. If there is no second parent/guardian, state the reason on the signature line (e.g. “deceased”, “single parent”).
- Complete the Cobb County Athlete Registration process through your ParentVUE account. The Pope administration requires all fencers to complete this processes for each school year. If you completed this in April (or later) of last school year, that is good for this school year.
- Pay the dues. The amount for 2017-18 has not yet been set, but for 2016-17 it was $160 for the first fencer in a family and $120 for each additional fencer from the same family). The payment is due at the beginning of the year and you can make the check out to Pope Greyhound Fencing Club or PGFC. If you are not sure yet if you want to join, you may attend a couple of practices as a trial before you pay the dues (but the forms mentioned above are still required at the first practice).
- New fencers do not need to buy any fencing equipment before the first practice, just wear something that is appropriate for exercise. However, you won’t be able to actually fence without equipment, so plan on buying your uniform and equipment in a week or two once you are sure you will be joining the club. For information on what to buy, see Equipment.